The Netherlands is home to some of the world‘s most remarkable flower and fruit parades. The highlight of these parades is the world–renowned Zundert and Tiel flower parades. Each year, thousands of people flock to these towns to witness the colorful parades, which showcase some of the best and brightest flowers and fruits in the Netherlands.
On this page, you can find all the information you need to prepare for the parades, including opening times, dates, tips, and the best tours to take in the parades. Whether you are a local or a visitor, this page has everything you need to make the most out of your experience.
You can also find information on the single tickets available for Zundert and Tiel flower parades. These tickets allow you to visit the parade on your own terms, without having to join a tour. Moreover, you will be able to explore the parades in greater detail and learn more about the history of these iconic parades.
If you are looking for the best tour to take in the parades, you will find all the information you need on this page. We have researched some of the most popular tour operators and selected the best ones for you to choose from.
Finally, we provide some tips to help you make the most out of your experience. From the best places to get the best view of the parade to the best ways to dress for the occasion, this page will ensure you have all the information you need to enjoy the parades in the Netherlands.
We hope you enjoy your experience at the Zundert and Tiel flower parades. Have a wonderful experience!
|Year||Flower Parade Day|
|2023||Saturday 22 April|
|2024||Saturday 20 April|
|2025||Saturday 12 April|
The Dutch flower parades are a centuries old tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation. Dating back to the 17th century, these parades have become a beloved part of Dutch culture.
Starting out as a celebration of spring, the parades have grown to include more elaborate floats made from millions of bright and colourful flowers. These floats are decorated by local volunteers and can take months to complete. The end result is a stunning celebration of art, nature and tradition.
The most famous of these parades is the Bloemencorso Zundert, which takes place in the town of Zundert every September. It is the largest flower parade in the world and is known for its grand scale and intricate designs.
Every year, the parade starts in the early evening and follows a 20-kilometre route. It is watched by thousands of people who are captivated by the beautiful displays.
The flower parade in Tiel takes place around the same time as the one in Zundert. It is a smaller event and features smaller floats, but is still a wonderful spectacle to behold.
The flower parade by night is a unique event that takes place in the city of Haarlem. It is a night–time parade that is illuminated by hundreds of lights and is a sight to behold.
The Dutch flower parades are a truly unique experience and one that should not be missed. From the grand scale of the Zundert parade to the smaller scale of the Tiel parade and the stunning display of the flower parade by night, the Dutch flower parades are an event that should be experienced at least once in a lifetime. So don’t miss out on this amazing event and come to the Netherlands to experience the beauty of the Dutch flower parades.
1. Buy your tickets in advance: Flower parades in the Netherlands are extremely popular, and tickets sell out quickly. Make sure to book your tickets ahead of time to guarantee a spot.
2. Know the parade route: Familiarize yourself with the parade route so you can plan the best place to view the parade.
3. Dress for the weather: Since the parades take place outdoors, dress appropriately for the weather.
4. Go with a tour: Going with a tour group can be beneficial, as they will know the best places to view the parade and will often include transportation and food in their packages.
5. Pack snacks and water: Bring some snacks and water with you to stay hydrated and energized throughout the parade.
6. Bring something to take photos: Bring a camera or phone to take photos of the parade. This is a great way to capture the memories of the day.